We have had a lot of things going on since May. Here's just a short recap.
Our summer was a lot of fun. We took many trips to the mountains, and Eliza is really starting to enjoy her time there. She loves the mountain preparation as much as the actual trip. She gets so excited to pack, and she seems to have a good understanding of our typical packing items and what they are packed in.
We took a trip to Virginia for Andrew's cousin's wedding in October and had a wonderful time. We were able to visit with Andrew's mom's family, which we unfortunately don't see very often. She was very well behaved at the wedding, even though she wanted to be passed from parent to parent and grandparent to grandparent. For her though, the highlight was definitely the reception. That girl can party! She loves to dance and made friends on the dance floor very quickly :)
Eliza is also now "potty trained". I use those words with caution, as she still has frequent accidents. It's definitely not one of my favorite aspects of parenting, but it's unavoidable. I figure that she will get it down pat by the time she's 15, so no worries! I thought that it would be great if she was potty trained by the time she started school (in September). I was hoping that everything would click a little more once she saw the other kids going to the bathroom. Well, needless to say, it hasn't exactly clicked. Overall, she does alright with it, but I just don't think she is as focused on it as I would like.
Speaking of school, she loves it! On the first day, she didn't cry one bit. In fact, I don't think she even told me goodbye! She would go to school everyday if she could. She loves to sing, and she comes home everyday with a great craft. And sometimes, she comes home as the tattletale child, informing me of who cried and who hit and who didn't get a star. The drama of church school is quite entertaining!
Well, that's all I can think of for now. Hopefully I really will improve on my blogging :)
No comments:
Post a Comment