Friday, May 21, 2010

Welcome Back!

We're back! I know I have been absent from the blogging world for a long time, but my guilt started to set in. I feared the other day that I would never remember the sweet and funny moments that Eliza gives us. I don't have enough time or energy to back track, so I apologize to my daughter for the lapse in documentation!

The other day we went to Home Depot to return a few things, and as we were checking out in the line next to the self-checkout, Eliza started saying "Thank you for shopping at Home Depot". She thought it was absolutely hilarious, and she said it even more when I started laughing.

And speaking of shopping, she LOVES to sit in the buggies at stores. In fact, she pitches a small fit if we go to a store without buggies. She especially loves the ones at Publix that have the cars in front of the basket. The first time she rode in one, she was steering like crazy and singing "Wheels on the Bus". When we went to return the buggy, she refused to get out, and I was doing some serious coaxing.

She loves real cars just as much as the Publix ones. She asks to just sit in Daddy's car. She doesn't even want it on. She just wants to sit in her carseat and buckle herself in. She could sit for hours and be perfectly happy. Her mother, on the other hand, has little interest in just sitting in a car, so she doesn't get that luxury very often. Eliza has absolutely inherited her father's obsession with cars. Everytime we pass an Audi, she says "Daddy's car", and she can point out all of her friends and families' cars. She is always concerned with where our cars are at all times. One day, Andrew took my car to play golf. When Eliza got up from her nap, she asked about him. When I told her that he took my car to play golf, she completely freaked out. She stood at the garage door crying over mommy's car and her carseat.

Eliza also loves (as most two year olds do) to do everything that Andrew and I do. In the mornings, she wants to read the newspaper while eating her breakfast, which is extremely tricky and dangerous! The other day, I let her read the Scene portion of the paper during breakfast, and as she was flipping through, she saw a picture of three men without their shirts on (I know - a little weird for my daughter to be looking at). Anyways, she looked up a me and said "Mommy, where they shirts". I just about died laughing! The things she thinks of...

1 comment:

Molly said...

I just realized you attempted a comeback. I'm about to do the same. So come back again!