Thursday, October 15, 2009

October Update

I apologize to all blog stalkers out there, as I am not very good at keeping up with my blog. I don't think my life is interesting enough to be an everyday blogger... oh well!

Eliza is growing like a weed these days! Her personality is becoming more and more established, and she certainly keeps us on our toes. She loves to repeat everything we say, and she will very often surprise us with what she knows. She still has her same favorite words, but lately, she has been saying more phrases like "bless you" and "I love you". It is very cute!
I think she has also inherited a little bit of our (or my) OCD habits. She likes things to be put in the right places. For instance, yesterday she carried my shoes from the front door to my closet, without being asked. She is quite particular, and she will tell you if something is not done right. When Andrew kept Eliza overnight by himself this past weekend (YAY!), he was getting her ready for her bath. He got the towel out of the cabinet, but apparently forgot to get the washcloth. Before she got in the bath, she walked over to the cabinet, grabbed a washcloth, and put it in the tub!
She also loves to help me around the house, especially loading and unloading the dishwasher. I
am quite amazed that she knows where things go and how to load the dishwasher. She is very observant!

I see her independance coming out more and more each day, which sometimes leads to a bit of a battle between us. She wants to feed herself, walk by herself, etc. I am trying to let go as much as possible and let her figure things out, as I know she is just growing up!



1 comment:

Katie King said...

my Nash is very independent too! I guess we will appreciate it one day, but boy some of those battles are tough!