Friday, August 28, 2009

Beach Week...a little late

Yes, I know. I am very behind in my blogging...months behind. I am going to get myself into gear though and catch up!

In July we took our annual vacation to Folly Beach. We had a great (and relaxing time), but Eliza was not a big fan of the beach. She liked the waves for a few minutes, but the sand was not her friend. We probably spent a grand total of 2 hours on the beach all week, but we thankfully brought the baby pool as a back-up plan. We set up the pool on the back deck, and she loved splashing around and getting in and out. It was actually perfect for her, and I didn't have to worry about the constant sunscreen application!

Eliza and Benjamin (my cousin's son) had a lot of fun playtime together, and I think they both wore each other out. In fact, when we got home on Monday, Eliza probably doubled her naps!

Here are some pictures from the trip...

Eliza and Benjamin playing on our first morning





Eliza playing in the waves...in her clothes. I think she preferred her clothes to her bathing suit.

She loved sitting in the beach chairs.


The grandchildren with Granny Mac.



More of the grandchildren at breakfast (which was delicious!)

The biggest disaster of the week...my aunt and I made this delicious blueberry and peach cobbler. When it was just about done, the glass dish cracked in the oven! This was the carnage...


I hope to add more pictures once Andrew downloads the ones from his computer...

No comments: