Friday, August 28, 2009

17 Month Update

Eliza is now 17 months, and her personality is really coming out! She is becoming much more independent now. She doesn't even want me to feed her or brush her teeth. She has to do it all by herself!

These days she is...

- Walking great. She is practically running, especially when the doorbell rings or when I suggest that we go somewhere. She loves to go, and immediately finds her shoes. She loves to walk down to her friend Anne's house, and she gets SO excited when I tell her that we are going to visit Anne.

- Talking much more. Her vocabulary is much larger, but her favorite word is still "bye-bye". She is also saying mommy/daddy, light, bird, shoes, dog, bath, ball, banana, blueberry ("ba-boo"), Nannie, fish, balloon, rock-rock, night-night, hi daddy and others. It's amazing how quickly she learns!

- Pretty well-behaved. She definitely has her moments, but overall, she is a wonderful child and a good listener. She is definitely strong-willed though. If she wants something, she will find a way to get it.

- Sleeping well. Eliza is down to one two hour nap in the afternoon, and she usually goes to bed around 8:00 or 8:30. She loves her nightly routine of a bath and stories.

- Loves to read. For a while, she was not interested in actually reading books, but lately, she loves reading. She loves to climb in her "rock-rock" chair and read. It's really cute!

Here are some of the latest pictures...


Working on eating by herself. I think she gave up on the spoon.


She loves to climb onto chairs and couches. I just hope she survives the climb!

Reading in her "rock-rock" chair.


Playing golf with Daddy --- She had her own club made of highlighters stuck together, but she figured out how to take the caps off...

Going shopping...

Looking for some money to go shopping....Good luck!!

Enjoying her hard work -- she loves to pull the pillows off the couch. One day she even took each couch pillow to our bathroom and put them in front of the shower....not quite sure why...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Welcome back! I've missed your Eliza updates!! She is just too precious, I love all that blonde hair! I hope her and Austin can meet one day.

Lauren said...

I thought you fell out of the blogosphere! So cute!! Oliver loves to climb onto chairs too....and tables, couches etc etc :)

Gina Cartner said...

Oh my goodness Beth...all that blonde hair. I don't think I would have known her! She is adorable!

Laura said...

So Cute! and I love that she is reading her eric carl book upside down!!! Way too precious! :) Glad to see you back in the blog world! :-)