Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day, Andrew and I decided to do our usual Saturday afternoon gig (running errands) and then come home for a nice dinner. At about 6:00, I was starving and dreaded the thought of cooking at home. So i suggested we go to Chick-fil-a -- fast, yummy, and child-friendly.

Andrew obliged despite his weird feelings about going to Chik-fil-a on Valentine's Day. We walked in and found Valentine's decorations, which I thought was completely normal. But then, everything seemed to change...

We were greeted at the front with a "Welcome to Chick-fil a. Did you know about our date night?" I of course responded that I had no idea about the date night. We were then seated at a white tablecloth -covered table and our server brought us menus. How strange! Our server then took our order (of normal chicken nuggets, fries and a drink no less) and quickly brought our meal to the table.

By this point we were practically laughing histerically. This was just so weird - but very creative!

Two ladies and their children were seated next to us as we were enjoying our meal. They were quite thrilled at this date night prospect too. Here's how that conversation went...

Server: "Welcome to Chick-fil-a. I will be taking your order. We will also be offering a dessert sample as well, so be thinking of what you would like."

Lady: " We get a free desert and get served for Valentine's Day? Do we get a rose too?"

Server: "Now honey, don't get greedy. This IS Chick-fil-a. Times are tough."

We all burst into laughter!

After our typical nuggets, fries and a drink, we were treated to a sample of brownie and ice cream, which was a perfectly delicious portion. And we even got candy hearts. Our server suggested that we read the candy hearts messages to each other for entertainment!

We thoroughly enjoyed our Valentine's night dinner at Chick-fil-a, and if you are interested in a little fast food date night, you can experience it too! This experiment is going on every Saturday night during February at the Ashley River Road Chick-fil-a in Charleston. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Sounds fun! It will be a V-day that you wont' soon forget!

Lauren said...

love it...we ate a frozen pasta dinner out of a bag on valentines :) oh...life with kids :)

Anonymous said...

Because that's how I roll...

Molly said...

Tjat os sp fimmu! Okay, apparently that's what I type when my fingers are on the wrong keys! Should have said...That is so funny! :) And y'all were right around the corner from us, too. Uh oh, I might know where we will be this Saturday. :)