Spring has sprung! It's been just beautiful here, and we are trying to take advantage of our perfect weather days. We have been going to the park and working in our yard. Out goal is Yard of the Month, but my mother will kill me if I beat her to the punch! I did tell her that she could have some credit since she has helped so much :)
Eliza is very fascinated by the blooms on the flowers and trees, and she always comments as we are riding in the car. The other day, she looked at a blooming pear tree and asked why the tree had snow on it. It was quite funny!
Eliza is also very interested in her music these days. She requests her music in the car every time, and one of her favorites is "Hot Cross Buns." I had never heard the song before, but it's definitely a household favorite now. Both Andrew and I had to do some research on hot cross buns...
Last weekend some friends and I took a girls' trip to Savannah, and the dads were in charge of the kiddos. I left very few notes as I figured Eliza would set Andrew straight on anything he missed. Everything was going well at home, despite a little exhaustion from Andrew. He called early Sunday morning - early being 8 am. I ran to get my phone and hid in the bathroom, as to not wake the other mommies, who were enjoying those peaceful hours of sleep! Since I was whispering, he asked me if I was asleep. I (of course) asked him why he was calling so early, and he told me that he had been up since 6:30 with Eliza. Note: I didn't feel sorry for him. He then asked what the green capped milk was in the fridge. I told him that it was the buttermilk from the banana cake that we had weeks ago. (I guess he just noticed it).
I am sure you are wondering where this story is going....
The main reason he was calling was to have me be the decider of a debate. Andrew didn't know what the milk was for, but Eliza was insistent that the buttermilk was for hot cross buns! Go figure! I guess buttermilk can be used for making hot cross buns!
(Sorry for the rambling. That was a "you had to be there" story)
No comments:
Post a Comment