I feel that the past couple of weeks have been big for Eliza. She is now pretty much fully walking. She crawls occasionally, but she loves to walk! Despite quite a few falls every day, she is very proud of herself and growing more and more confident. Walking is especially great when she loves her shoes. In fact, she is quite obsessed with her shoes. Every morning, she will immediately find her shoes and try to put them on. She will carry them around the house if she isn't wearing them!
On top of walking, I think she is beginning to understand more things. For instance, she understands "Give this to Daddy/Mommy" or "Go find your milk/shoes". She also understands "let's get out of the bath" to mean reach for the drain plug. "Stop" is also a new favorite. I think she thinks it's a game, but she does stop whatever she is doing immediately. She will sometimes answer "yes" or "no" (in her own way) when I ask her questions, but I am not quite sure if she really understands.
Her favorite word is still "bye", but she also really likes "mama" and "dada". She will say "ba" for bath and sometimes "out". She pants when you ask her what the doggie says, and she says "ra ra ra" (we think meaning "round and round") when we read The Wheels on the Bus, which is by far her favorite book.
Eliza is still a pretty good eater. She loves fruit (blueberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, bananas). She also loves peas and rice, macaroni, cheese, and of course snacks. In fact, Ms. Renee who keeps the church nursery commented today on how much Eliza loves snacks! She is never one to refuse a snack, and unfortunately, she can be quite a moocher!
Her sleeping habits are still pretty much the same. She always takes an afternoon nap, but she only sometimes takes a morning nap. I think she may be weaning off that nap. She usually goes to bed around 8 and sleeps until about 8 in the morning. She is definitely a night owl, and she takes a few minutes to wake up in the morning.
I think that this age is so fun! She entertains me every day and surely keeps me busy! Eliza loves to be around people and make them laugh, which she is usually pretty good at! We love her dearly, and we can't wait to see her grow each day!
1 comment:
I wonder who she gets her love for snacks from?! ;)
Post a Comment