I am a little late in my post, but happy 1/2 birthday to Eliza! As of Sunday (September 21), she is now 6 months old! It's amazing how fast time flies.
She is quite the curious child, and she is interested in everything and everyone. She is constantly grabbing at things - from the water bottle in my hand to the remote on the couch. She loves touching faces, especially Daddy's. She thinks that he has a very interesting nose, and she even tries to shut him up sometimes with her hand!
She also loves to move around. While it took her a while to understand the concept of rolling over, she absolutely loves it now. I can't seem to keep her off of her stomach, and unfortunately, she rolls over right after eating and spits up multiple times. Speaking of eating, she loves it! She gets very excited when she sees a bottle and quickly reaches out for it. She can down about 9 oz in a heartbeat! I am surprised she isn't much bigger than she is. I will have to post a weight update after her 6 mos doctor visit on Friday.
Eliza is a perfect night sleeper. I couldn't ask for anything more! She goes to sleep (right away) around 7:30 or 8 and sleeps soundly until about 8 the next morning when we wake her up. She would probably stay in her crib for longer if we didn't wake her up. We are still working on her napping routine though. I think she is afraid to miss any action! On a perfect day, she will take an hour-long morning nap and a two or three hour nap in the afternoon. I certainly shouldn't be too greedy though. Sleeping through the night is a dream!
She enjoys taking walks (especially since it's cooler) and being outside. In many cases, she can only be calmed by being outside or swinging on the porch swing. She also loves her play mat and her teething toys. Eliza still thinks her swing is great, and she doesn't mind the bouncy seat either (even though she turned over in her bouncy seat one day - yikes!).
Most of all, I love Eliza's sweet personality. She is smiling and laughing more and more every day. She will smile when she sees us, which just melts my heart. She giggles occasionally, especially when we do silly things. She will sometimes get laughing so hard that she can't stop. She really is a wonderful child, and we are so blessed!
2 comments:
SWEET BABY! I love it! Fun update!
Happy 1/2 birthday to Eliza! That's a great update and I am glad to hear things are going so well.
Post a Comment