Monday, July 21, 2008

Since I haven't posted in a while, I have some catching up to do! The week before last was quite an adventure for us. Eliza had her first real sickness...

I took her to the doctor, and as we thought, she had a cold. Since she was wheezing, her pediatrician recommended that she have a chest x-ray. Well, I wasn't quite sure how that would work with a baby, but it had to be done! The nurses were so nice and thankfully very helpful. I draped myself in the radiation shield, and one of the nurses and I held her up against the board for the x-ray. It was very awkward, but Eliza was such a trooper! She didn't even cry, which was a total shock to me. I thought we were going to have a true meltdown!

After the x-ray, we trekked around town to both CVS stores. Many minutes and dollars later, we had everything we needed to get Eliza better. The doctor prescribed an asthma medicine to help the wheezing. Included with the inhaler was a plastic contraption to help the medicine actually get in her mouth. It was very intimidating, so thankfully Andrew was there to help!

She is doing better, and I think the beach air helped too! Beach details to come soon...

No comments: